This digital format of the Summer issue allows you to email or share an article with a friend, and connect directly to links mentioned in articles and advertising.
Read Exciting Topics in Our Summer Issue
- In the Farm to Hospital article, learn about how a hospital chef and a local farmer collaborate to grow organic produce for cancer patients...more on page 14.
- Dale Lauer knew he was going to need support to face his cancer diagnosis, but he had no idea how wide that support network would grow...more on page 7
- Tanning is dangerous but that isn’t stopping the number of young people hitting the beaches and tanning salons on a regular basis. There is an 800 percent increase in the number of women with melanoma...more on page 27
- Travelers driven to seek medical care they can’t find at home due to prohibitive cost or lack of services are fueling the trend in medical tourism and inspiring hospitals to provide a new category of services...more on page 34
- What cancer treatments have the potential to result in long-term side effects, and what are the most common of these effects?...more on page 38
- Beverly Knudson found something that had been missing from her cancer journey: support from another patient who understood what she’d been through and what lay ahead...more on page 21
Click on cover photo to open digital version
See how organic gardening can plant a seed of hope for cancer survivors. Read more
CTCA Chef's Corner
Click on this video for a cooking demonstration by Judith Hallisey as she prepares Butternut Squash and Apple Soup.
Fighting Cancer in the Kitchen
This cookbook created especially for cancer patients and caregivers provides valuable information and delicious recipes. Wholesome Temptation is available online at cncahealth.com/cookbook.
Cancer Fighters Thrive
Cancer Fighters ThriveTM is a quarterly magazine designed to inform and empower cancer patients, their friends, and families. Each issue includes diverse topics that address an integrative approach to winning the fight against cancer—from the latest in clinical research, nutrition, and mind-body to relevant naturopathic therapies and the role of spirituality and faith. Articles highlight patients’ courage and inspiration and bring to light advances in research and treatment, as well as recipes and tips that will improve quality of life during treatment.