This digital format of the Winter 2013 issue allows you to email or share an article with a friend, and connect directly to links mentioned in articles and advertising.
Read Exciting Topics in Our Winter Issue
- Building A Cancer Vocabulary: knowing key terms can help you feel more in control of a diagnosis...more on page 10
- As Easy as 1, 2, 3: Nutrition Basics for Cancer Patients...more on page 14
- When You Need A Friend Most: trained animal therapy dogs bring joy and ease pain...more on page 20
- Getting In The Spirit: managing holidays and special events after a cancer diagnosis...more on page 26
- The Value of a Second Opinion: advice from an additional expert can help you choose the treatment that is right for you...more on page 41
View the Winter Issue
Free Downloadable Recipe Cards
Fighting Cancer in the Kitchen
This cookbook created especially for cancer patients and caregivers provides valuable information and delicious recipes. Wholesome Temptation is available online at cncahealth.com/cookbook.
Cancer Fighters Thrive
Cancer Fighters ThriveTM is a quarterly magazine designed to inform and empower cancer patients, their friends, and families. Each issue includes diverse topics that address an integrative approach to winning the fight against cancer—from the latest in clinical research, nutrition, and mind-body to relevant naturopathic therapies and the role of spirituality and faith. Articles highlight patients’ courage and inspiration and bring to light advances in research and treatment, as well as recipes and tips that will improve quality of life during treatment.